07 June 2011

Calm before the storm

06/05 - 06/07 - Carb loading. At first I thought it would be awesome. Then I realized I have no idea how to eat like that anymore. So after I totally reversed all of the nutritional advice I dole out on an almost daily basis, I started to eat lots. Plain old pasta, cereal, just basically processed junk. Tony recommended 600g of carbohydrates per day for this entire loading period. This is insane. I have maybe been able to get 300 - 400 grams per day and I feel partially stoned, insanely sleepy, and generally low functioning. I also feel jumpy and ready to just get this all over with. There are certainly a lot of emotions running through me and it is hard to balance it out while have carbs coursing through my veins

I am far from prepared and, as I would expect, its going to be hotter than hell. I have a lot of thoughts about what I should have done different, but I will wait until I actually do the race to say anything. I am mostly worried about the heat of the ground and burning my feet. I guess I am worried about a lot, but just ready to do something I said I would do. I have not had a test like this in a long time.

06/04 - 06/05 - Boston Beerfest. Saturday was full of crazy eating and a complete excess of awesome beer. Despite this, Kasi and I attempted to run ahead of the group to a restaurant to reserve a table. Both of us barefoot and turning a lot of heads. I would say it was about 1.5 miles, but the good news is that I was FAST! Kasi could barely keep up, but thats not to say she was slow, I just found my stride and it felt very good and very easy. It was definitely not a pace I could keep for 30 miles but gave my hope that my training really has worked to some degree.

06/03 - Another full day of training clients. Able to stretch and sit in a cool hot tub, but no real work done at all.
06/02 - Trained by the new TCC intern Neal K. A great experience. Certainly out of my realm of training norm and still left me with plenty of juice the rest of the week. I can really tell that my running has changed my strengths. Whether I am right or wrong about how you are supposed to run, as this is now my 3rd revision since starting barefooting, I can certainly say that once I put my mind to training a muscle during running, it flat out works.

05/28 - 05/31 - Off to the Land of 10,000 Lakes to visit some old friends and check out a school. Far from a restful vacation, but certainly restorative. Kasi and I helped our friends Jill and Stu build a patio for two days. Then on the third we were able to do some light hiking, I did a few Overhead squats with Kasi while holding at the bottom for a picture, and copious amounts of handstands. Training? Not even close, but far from sedentary.

05/27 - A busy day of training clients. It is blatantly clear that a full day of training leaves me totally wiped out to work out. This is good to know for future planning. I seem to have a tendency for choosing careers that require you to donate much of your own energy to other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment