28 March 2011

Problems

Well, to no surprise, this is becoming a big problem for a few reasons. Here are the problems and possible solutions:

Problem 1: My right side is falling apart. My right heel, my right foot, my right shoulder. And all of this is recent. I have no idea why, which for me and my profession, is nothing short of tragic.

Solution 1: Attack the weaknesses, everything is awkward. All training needs to be awkward, challenging, and usually involving one limb from here on out. This is a big issue as far as maintaining strength. Its hard to lift heavy on one leg, but I think it will transfer well.

Problem 2: My right foot hurts. Mentioned above but of note for a whole different reason. I kind of sort of need to run 30 miles on it. Its the second metatarsal and I think its the plantar fascia sheath that is under stress from an underdeveloped soleus. Blah blah blah right.

Solution 2: Stretch, a lot. Foam roll. Big movements. Run more frequently. As a matter of course, I rarely stretch or recover in anyway. That needs to change. An injury at any time would be devastating.

Problem 3: Life. It does not seem to care that I am trying to run 30 miles in two months. Dogs need walking, clients need to be trained, laundry piles up, and dishes need to be cleaned. This all takes time. Yes, I know that I have no kids, so I fully bow in humility and admiration for those of you that do and still find the time. Perhaps when I do 40 on 40 I will have kids and need to train, giving me more street cred . . .

Solution 3: Plan everything. I need to plan every workout, recovery session, and hopefully meals. Calendar to come, figuring out how to put it online.

Problem 4: Motivation. Why the hell am I doing this? What am I proving?

Solution 4: None. Its a rough day.

Workout:

Work up to max Box jump. 42" with no lead. 44" with one step lead.
Light squats 3 x 3
Pistol squats to 18" with straps. 5 x 5
Fat bar deadlifts all x 3. 225, 255, 245, 225, 225


No comments:

Post a Comment