26 May 2011

Where did that come from???

5/16 – I am officially sick. Congested, tired, weak. I somehow make it through the day in a haze of medication only to go home and crash. Much of the prior events are making sense now. I either overtrained myself, making by body weak, or I was battling something while working out, which has a severe effect on my ability to recover. This partially explains the ridiculous soreness as well as the dizzy feeling, both of which are very atypical for me. Can’t blame it all on being sick, but it was a huge contributor.

5/14 and 5/15 – Wow. So sore. What is going on? I feel completely wrecked. I am basically hobbling around the house trying to get chores done. I am very tired and generally lethargic. I did make it to Parkour with Kasi on Saturday, which was awesome, but disturbing. Disturbing for two reasons. 1 – We were the only grown ups there and the kids were doing crazy stuff we could only dream of doing. 2 – We practiced flipping to a crash mat, which was awesome, but left me feeling amazingly dizzy during the movements and even for the next 2 hours. By Sunday evening my throat is killing me and I am congested.

5/13 – Sore. Not terribly sore, but my hamstrings took more of a beating than I would have liked. I would think with all the squatting and running that they were being sufficiently worked. It seems that squatting really elongated and stresses the attachment point of the hamstring at the hip whereas swings get you right in the meat of the hamstring. This is where I am achy to say the least. Take a full day of rest including some time in the hot tub, which has become my new best friend.

5/12 – Decided to do what I thought would be a light workout with John. The program is below. By any standard, this should have been easy. I first considered doing CrossFit swings (overhead) but instead tried to just swing harder and faster. I quickly paid for this. Doing anything for a minute is hard, and I forgot this. John creeped ahead of me, possibly by a round or two. I did keep a standard of quality for each movement, which certainly changed what was going on. Afterwards we jogged across the river to an awesome Corefit park there and did random crawls, muscle ups, flipping things on the bar. Just fun. On the way there and back (which was less than a mile) my legs felt like lead. Trouble brewing.

AMRAP of 12 minutes

20 Swings @ 24k followed by 1 minute of:

Jumping Jacks

Burpees

Mountain Climbers

Jog in Place

Time for 1 minute does not start until you start moving, but can rest during set as needed. Swings are to eye level.

No comments:

Post a Comment