11 April 2011

Second Loop

4/11/11 - Quasney squats and bench with Brian and Kevin again (5x 3). Felt really really good even after raking more damn leaves in the morning. 125, 185, 205, 225 (failure), 205, 205. Bench press. 125, 165, 205, 225, 225 (failure), 205. Felt good. Had not done bench in a long long time. Face was getting stupidly red.


4/9 and 4/10 - Rake the yard basically all day each day. I am more convinced than ever that manual labour is the best way to truly gain strength. Shoulders and traps were on fire at the end of the day.

4/8/11 - Finished the second loop planned from Hartford, around Elizabeth Park, and back. This part is going to be tricky simply because of the varied concrete and sidewalk elevation. They scream stubbed toe. Had to walk a few more times than I would have liked. Interestingly, muscular endurance seems to be what is holding me back. Loop ended up being 6.89 miles and I finished in an hour and 5 minutes. A rocking pace considering how awful I felt that day and how many times I walked. Ran in fingers again and not able to get my hips firing as much as before. Should be a fun run come the big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment