28 April 2011

Loss on a Treadmill

4/28/11 - Almost every day I get an email from the only blog that I follow, Run Luau Run. Originally I was turned on to this by Lynn and I immediately liked the guy, mostly because he wore fingers sometimes. This morning I realized I am being lazy. This guy has a life much busier than mine and he wakes up at ungodly hours to run for nothing in particular (now that Boston is over at least). But, he always finds a time to make a quick spurt on his blog. Why can't I do this? Why can't I respond to emails quickly or make that call or do the dishes? I have yet to meditate today. On top of this, I had a great convo during my workout. I was actually using a treadmill today (first time in yeeaaaaars). It was gross outside. But, the universe provided some good chat time with Tony. It was hard to talk, but I enjoyed the challenge. A lot of the chat was, again, about loss. It has allowed reflection for the day and brings me to my DM, "Don't lose anything over the small things"

Treadmill. 15 degree incline. 1' walk (2.3), 1' run (4.5) for 28 minutes. Great for form and the only way a treadmill should ever be used in my opinion. Coming off to the track reaffirmed my belief when my form was great. Then, Straight Leg raises, 10 x 3. Biased pullups to left side x 10 or so. Scap retractions on Lat pulldown (just felt good).

4/27/11 - Daily Meditation - "I will take time to take care of myself." This was an interesting adventure. I had a lot of trouble with the third word. Sometimes it was take, sometimes it was find, and so on. Also interesting is that I often put an "and those around me" at the end of it. Recovery is my singular concern right now. It will make or break me. I find it no coincedence that I struggled with this throughout today. No working out, but a productive day. Had an excellent lunch with Tony to talk about his recent loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment